"To stand still is to move backwards." -- Ron Shandler
The Importance of Leadership
Leaders must be home grown since leadership cannot be learned from courses offered in universities.
Consequently, without leadership development training, many organizations will never make teams work or lead the charge for change.
Personal leadership assumes that you have little authority, but want to lead. It's for those who want to exert influence during "moments of truth," which occur in normal conversation with another person.
This is a good program for those that wish to move up to being a supervisor or who want to learn the leadership side of project management.
This program presents the foundation leadership skills one uses in a variety of contexts. But primarily, we focus on "moments of truth" between you and other. We assume you DO NOT want to use your organizational position or authority to get compliance. So we focus on other types of leadership techniques and methods that allow you to influence, motivate and persuade.
- Let's face it, you cannot get the behavior you want or decrease the behaviors you don't want, without expertise in motivation. You will learn the most important behavioral theory in psychology.
Must Know Leadership Concepts.
- Just because you have two ears, don't mean you know how to listen. Just because you have a mouth, doesn't mean you can communicate.
- Experience teaches us little. You will learn the basics, assess you own skill, know where you are weak and know where you are strong.
- Most people inside organizations rely too much on their authority. Big mistake. Find out the types of influence you should develop if you want people to follow you.
- Much of your work life will be spend in a group setting, yet few of us know much about triumphs, trials and tribulations about working in a group.
Smart people up there game before they need to play. This is, those on the fast track prepare themselves ahead of time for greater responsibility. When the door of opportunity opens, they are ready to step through it. You may want to:
Take a Self-paced Course. You have the freedom work get it done when you want.
Take any Public Program as they come up. A nice way to meet others who are also interested in what you are interested in.
Get Coaching on the Dual Track. Take a module (there are many) and strive to master it in 30-days.
Access Customized Learning. We have subject matter experts who can put together something designed uniquely for you in the areas of:
- Skill mastery, and
- Digital marketing.
If you are a Human Resource or Training Manager
Organizations have different delivery options. For groups this includes: on-line, blended or even live training (we bring the instructor to you). Either on an individual class or as a cohort basis.
One can also choose whether you want the coaching necessary to develop skills or would rather focus on skills.
Rather than develop a class (an expensive proposition), you can
• License one or more in a series, and
• Use the courseware with your own trainers or ours.
You might say, expertise requires memorization; skill development requires practice; and mastery requires real effort. But whatever level of learning you want, we follow a process (see below). Discover how the classes (and the modules within them) are organized.
Full classes presents content weekly like taking a regular university class. Therefore, it's perfect for those want to focus on expertise within a certain time frame — typically four or six-weeks. Full classes run on a cycle of one-module a week. Beside articles, videos and assessments; each class includes exercises (often in the form of forums and discussions) and assignments designed with application ins mind (See sample module)
About The Leadership Foundations Concentration