Leadership Foundations Concentration:
The Path to Personal Leadership
"To stand still is to move backwards." -- Ron Shandler
The Importance of Leadership
One cannot fish unless one knows how. One cannot lead, without knowing the theory of leadership. It doesn't pay to be an ignorant boss, and ultimately, being a follower isn't much fun either.
About the Leadership Foundations Concentration
Personal leadership assumes that you do not want to use your organizational position, you have little authority, but want to lead. It's for those who want to exert influence during "moments of truth," which occur in normal conversation with another person.
This is a good program for those that wish to move up to being a supervisor or who want to learn the leadership side of project management.
- Motivation. Let's face it, you cannot get the behavior you want or decrease the behaviors you don't want, without expertise in motivation. You will learn the most important behavioral theory in psychology.
- Communication. Just because you have two ears, don't mean you know how to listen. Just because you have a mouth, doesn't mean you can communicate.
- Influence. Most people inside organizations rely too much on their authority. Big mistake. Find out the types of influence you should develop if you want people to follow you.
- Must know Leadership Concepts. Experience teaches us little. You will learn the basics, assess you own skill, know where you are weak and know where you are strong.
If you have completed the Two Courses in the Leadership Communication Skills Certificate, we will substitute:
- TOUGH AS NAILS: Enhancing Resilience, Persistence and Mental Toughness
- THE METHODS OF MASTERS: How to Quickly Develop New Skills
Courses Descriptions of Full Classes in the Leadership Concentration